A Really Simple Mushroom Soup

Since I started this blog on Friday I've become a bit of a pain.  I am talking about it incessantly with my family, taking up a huge amount of news feed space on facebook and dreaming of food.  I've even gone as far as tidying the shelf I keep my cookbooks on.  There are so many lovely recipes out there to share and hopefully I can do that in this blog.  I've got my favourite books with recipes that I will use time and time again.  I also subscribe to Olive magazine which means there's an endless stream of new recipes to try. 

I love making soups, in my opinion they do taste so much better than anything you can buy. I have just made this for lunch it took under 10 mins to prepare and 15 mins to cook.  Obviously you don't have to dress the soup like the photo, I just want to do things properly.

Ingredients
1 tbspn of olive oil
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
380g of closed cup mushrooms roughly chopped
750ml of stock, ( I use Bouillon vegetable powder)
A little salt and Pepper

Method
Heat the oil in a saucepan, and fry the onion until soft and golden, add the mushrooms and sweat for a minute.  Add the stock, cover and simmer for 15 mins until the mushrooms are soft.  Once cooked, puree the mixture to a smooth consistency. I use a hand held blender, but a food processor would work too.  If you want a thinner soup add a little milk until you get the right consistency.

I served mine with a raw chopped mushroom and a dollop of creme fraiche, just a bit for creaminess.

It will keep in the fridge for a day or so.


Comments

Popular Posts