Eton Mess

I very nearly didn't post this dessert tonight, I thought I might save it for a day when perhaps I haven't cooked anything. I felt slightly guilty at having a dessert on a school night. I did only have a tiny bit and there is some left over.  Rachel had a friend for tea at the last minute and it only seemed right to feed her well while she was here. I had cream left in the fridge from the weekend, some meringues kicking around in the cupboard and some frozen raspberries. I am not sure whether this is technically Eton Mess made with raspberries or whether it is only called that using strawberries. Either way it was very easy and very lovely. I didn't really measure the ingredients, so this is guess work.


Ingredients
Serves 6 - 8
300ml of double cream whipped
6 ready made meringues broken into bits
a 350g punnet of frozen or fresh raspberries


Whip the cream and fold in the raspberries and crushed meringues. Refrigerate until ready to serve.



Comments

  1. Hi Sally! Its Lottie, I just wanted to say that this dessert is absolutely gorgeous! I loved it at your house and have asked my mum to make it for me sometime. I hope it tastes as good as yours did... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lottie, I'm sure that your mum's will be every bit as good. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts