Spaghetti with Chorizo and Rosemary Pangritata

Tonight's meal is a new one for me, but as I had the ingredients left over from meals earlier this week I thought it looked like a good one to try.  Once again it's from Olive Magazine. If you like chorizo you'll love this one. I cooked it for all of us, I was short on tomatoes and I think that this affected the flavour a little.  I grated some parmesan on top to compensate.  It reminded me of Spain, summery, fresh and gutsy flavours.

Cooking time 30 min  ( I thought much less, as I chopped the ciabatta in my food processor)

Ingredients 
Serves 2
Spaghetti 150g
olive oil
chorizo 100g diced
chilli flakes a pinch (optional)
garlic 1 clove
cherry tomatoes 150g
ciabatta half a loaf, crust removed and pulsed to rough breadcrumbs (I didn't remove the crust and I think for four people,  half a loaf would be plenty))
rosemary sprigs 2 needles chopped

Method
Cook the spaghetti following the pack instructions.  Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add the chorizo.  Cook until starting to crisp up then add the chilli flakes, garlic and tomatoes.  Cook until the tomatoes just start to burst.  Heat another tbsp of oil in a pan and add the breadcrumbs.  Cook stirring until they become crisp and crunchy. Add the rosemary and stir through.
Drain the pasta and tip into the chorizo pan.  Toss together, then serve sprinkled with the rosemary pangritata.


Comments

Popular Posts