Chicken and broccoli supper pie

My mum reminded me about this recipe that she got years and years ago from a can of Campbell's condensed chicken soup. We had friends for dinner last night with young children so this recipe popped to mind as something we would all enjoy. The good thing about it was it was all prepared and ready to put in the oven for 30 minutes once we were ready to eat. I was a  bit more organised and tidy than I was last week and had a lot less clearing up.  Not cordon bleu cooking but very tasty comfort food. Now you can buy condensed chicken soup more readily again, I'll definitely make this more often.


Ingredients
Serves 4
1 cooked chicken, cut into chunks
1 head of broccoli cooked
2 tins of campbells condensed chicken soup
4 tablespoons of mayonaise (not a specific amount)
1 teaspoon of curry powder
1 packet of ready salted crisps crushed
grated cheddar cheese


Method
Heat the oven to 180C. In a large shallow baking dish mix the lightly cooked broccoli and the chicken. Spoon the chicken soup over the top of the chicken and broccoli mixture. Mix together the mayonnaise and curry powder and dollop this over the chicken. Sprinkle on cheddar cheese and the crushed crisps and then the put in the oven for about 30 minutes until bubbling and crispy.




Comments

  1. What a trip down memory lane! My Nan used to make this for me 30 years ago. I loved it! I'd forgotten all about it. I'll make it for my mum when she next comes and I'll see if she recognises it. Thanks so much for that. It's made my day... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an old one, I remember having it in my 20's. I bet it will jog a few peoples memories x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts