Yorkshire Puddings

I don't normally make Yorkshire Puddings, I have to confess to buying Aunt Bessie's ready made ones. This is probably a crime in the world of cooking, especially coming from the North East of England. Last night we were having roast chicken and roast vegetables and there was a demand from the children for Yorkshire puddings. My nephew Max was here for the night, so I told them if they wanted them they could make them themselves, which Rachel and Max did. The result was excellent, and I thought worth blogging. 


Ingredients
Serves 6
110g plain flour
2 eggs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
300 ml milk
fat from the roasting tin, dripping or vegetable oil


Method
Sift the flour and some salt and pepper into a bowl and make a well in the middle. Break in the eggs and beat well together, gradually working in the flour. Beat in the milk, using a good wrist action to beat in air. Make sure the mixture is well mixed and free of lumps. Leave to stand for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 220C.
Heat your tins. Put about two tablespoons of fat in a large tin, or 1 teaspoon in each of the smaller ones. Put in the oven until the fat smokes. Pour in the batter and bake for 25-30 mins.

Comments

  1. I am very impressed with your blog Sal...so much so that I may even bother my arse to try cooking a bit more!! But dont tell Jo...she may expect more than takeouts from me !!

    Tell Steve I am very impressed with the photography too

    Peter
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peter, I will check with you how many recipes you have tried next time I see you. Never mind takeouts, get cooking. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts