Broccoli and Stilton soup

I'm always surprised how delicious this soup is as it's so simple to make. It's got to be up there in my favourite soups. I love blue cheese now, I hated it when I was little, I remember my sister eating loads when we were young and I couldn't understand how she could like it. Something of an acquired taste, but if you're not a fan of blue cheese, cream cheese works equally as well. 


Ingredients
Enough for 4 servings
1 head of broccoli, use the stalk as well, just discarding the tough bits
1 onion, chopped
800ml vegetable stock
60g blue stilton, or more if you want more flavour
olive oil
a little black pepper for seasoning


Method
Fry the onion in the olive oil in a large saucepan until soft and golden. Add the chopped broccoli and the stock then leave to simmer until the broccoli is tender. Approx 20 mins. Crumble in the blue stilton then puree the soup to a smooth consistency. 



Comments

Popular Posts