Greek Salad

Whilst on honeymoon in Kefalonia all those years ago, I had a Greek salad every  lunchtime sitting in a little restaurant by the sea. Today wasn't quite as idyllic, but it brought back happy memories and it was warm enough to eat lunch in the garden for a change. I nearly had the right ingredients to make a Greek salad. The feta cheese I thought I had turned out to be halloumi, but it made a good substitute.


Ingredients
Serves 2
2 large tomatoes, quartered
half a cucumber chopped into large chunks
a handful of black olives (I love crespo greek style ones)
half a pack of feta cheese
red onion in rings, amount to suit
red pepper cut into rings, amount to suit
a salad dressing, 2 parts olive oil, 1 part wine vinegar, seasoning and some dried oregano


Method
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the dressing. Mix together and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts