Panna cotta

I made panna cotta for the first time today. I have had this dessert a couple of times when I have eaten out recently and thought I must give it a go. It wasn't difficult, very easy in fact and although I bought some little moulds especially to make it in, glasses work equally as well. I served mine with some raspberries heated up with a little water and sugar. This dessert will become a regular of mine. Emily you will love this. This recipe is taken from this months Olive magazine.


Ingredients
Makes 6
3 leaves of gelatine
300ml of double cream
300ml of whole milk
100g golden caster sugar
1 vanilla pod,split
fruit to serve

Method
Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water until floppy. Put the cream, milk and sugar and vanilla in a pan and bring to the boil, turn down and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the gelatine leaves, squeezing out any excess water, stir until dissolved. Pout through the sieve into a jug, then pour into 6 individual glasses or moulds. Chill in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight until set.


Serve in glasses or turn out of the moulds with the poached fruit. To remove from the moulds I dipped them quickly into boiling water. 

Comments

Popular Posts