Sticky chicken

This is another recipe acquired from my sister in law Ady. My only problem with it tonight was the garlic I bought yesterday was really musty, hence it overpowered all the other flavours. Now it's all I can taste. Otherwise this would have been a really tasty meal which is incredibly easy to prepare and cook. I don't feel the need to add the amounts of some of the ingredients, as it's a matter of taste how much garlic and ginger you want in the sauce.


Ingredients
Serves 4
4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
soy sauce, a good dousing
fresh ginger, chopped into strips
garlic, crushed
honey, a couple of large tablespoons
juice of half a lime
ground black pepper


Method
Mix the chicken with all of the other ingredients in a roasting dish. Leave to marinade for about half an hour. Heat the oven to 200C. Cook the chicken for approximately 30 minutes, by which time the sauce will be sticky and reduced. Serve with rice or noodles and some greens.

Comments

  1. Another one made by Emily, she's def your protogy Sally! Gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to be an inspiration to her, it's great that she is so interested in cooking. Long may it last. I think I started getting interested around emilys age. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to rjicken the sauce with cornflour because theeat juices made it quite runny bit it was delicious. Daughter says this sauce tastes like the rib sauce from our local Chinese takeaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Attempt 2. I had to thicken the sauce with corn flour as the meat juices made it quite runny, but it was delicious.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts