Chicken Fajitas


Last night I roasted a chicken and did the pesto rice salad again (see entry in May section), a really lovely combination which went down very well with my friend and her daughter. The following recipe is a meal I did a couple of nights ago. I know you can buy the fajita kits which is a simpler way of doing this and still very nice. However as I had the salsa dip at home anyway and some tortilla wraps, I figured I could make the seasoning with the spices that I had in the cupboard.


Ingredients
Serves 4

olive oil
4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 red onion, sliced
2 peppers, colour of your choice, cut into strips
4 tortilla wraps

juice of 1 lime

Fajita seasoning
2 Tbsp chilli powder
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp sugar
½ tsp garlic powder (I didn't use this)
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp cayenne
¼ tsp red pepper flakes (never even seen these before)


Method
Heat some oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken until browning, add the peppers and the onion and fry until everything is cooked through. Add the seasoning bit by bit until you are satisfied with the flavour. Add the lime juice and mix together. Heat the tortillas for about 8 seconds in the microwave and divide the chicken mixture in each wrap. Top with some salsa, some sour cream, and fresh coriander. I also added a few jalapeno peppers for a bit of a kick.

Comments

Popular Posts