Lemon Chicken

I found myself lacking inspiration whilst doing my online tesco shop last week. I clicked onto the recipe ideas on the tesco grocery app and looked at the section on meal planning. I liked the look of this recipe, I clicked on shop for ingredients and it added them all to my shopping list. Couldn't be easier and very tasty too.

Ingredients
Serves 4
15ml (1tbsp) oil
500g (1lb) boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into thin strips
10ml (2tsp) freshly grated ginger
1 bunch spring onion, thinly sliced lengthways
150ml (¼pt) chicken stock
juice 1 lemon (about 45ml (3tbsp))
15ml (1tbsp) caster sugar
15ml (1tbsp) light soy sauce
30ml (2tbsp) Chinese rice wine or sherry
15ml (1tbsp) cornflour, blended with 30ml ( 2tbsp) cold water

Method
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and when hot, add the chicken and ginger and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is browned. Remove from the pan. Add all the sauce ingredients to the pan, except for the cornflour. Bring to the boil, then stir in the cornflour mixture. Taste at this point to see if the sauce needs anything extra adding. I added a little more sugar as it was a bit tart.
Simmer for 1 minute until thickened. Return the chicken to the pan with the spring onions and stir fry until coated in the sauce. Serve immediately with steamed rice.



Comments

  1. The first comments at our table "It's lemony!" I did not think it was too lemony. Nice easy recipe, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Ailsa. Yeah I have a new follower first one for a while. Yes I remember it being lemony, but I llike lemony. What about just using juice of half. Lemon next time. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts