Macaroons, attempt no 4

There is a science and an art to making macaroons which I have not mastered yet.  I tried a different recipe this time, read all the troubleshooting info that went with it. They looked really promising when they came out of the oven. Then I tried to take them off the baking paper and they were stuck solid. They were obviously underdone, so I thought I would just put them back in for another 5 minutes. Which I did, but they still stuck, which left half the base on the paper. The thing is they look and taste delicious, I filled them with chocolate icing (same recipe for icing on chocolate fudge cake). I was intending to keep these for the weekend, but as they are undercooked I don't want to chance leaving them too long. I'm sure we will manage to eat them up. I will not be beaten by these things, and will try again until I get them perfect.

Comments

Popular Posts