Spicy Thai Fishcakes with Dipping Sauce


Last night, I made a lovely beef casserole from Nigella Lawsons, 'Kitchen'. Unfortunately I forgot to photograph it. I won't post the recipe this time without a photograph because it's definitely one I'll do again. This fishcake recipe is a meal I did a couple of weeks ago but was too tried to do my blog the evening I made it. I did think at the time it was a waste to whiz up all those fresh prawns but once I had tasted the fishcakes, I thought they were well worth it. The recipe is from Olive Magazine. We all thought the dipping sauce was a bit spicy and I think that the sweet chilli dipping sauce that you can buy would be as nice to use and save a little time too.

Ingredients
Serves 2
200g raw peeled prawns
2 - 3 tsp Thai red curry paste
a small bunch of coriander, stalks separated 
oil
2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
1 tsp golden caster sugar (I am sure normal caster sugar will be fine)
1 finely chopped red chilli

Method
Put the prawns, curry paste and coriander stalks in a food processor. Whizz to a paste then form into 6 flat cakes.
Heat a frying pan with the oil and then fry the cakes for 2 - 3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Mix the vinegar, sugar and chilli. Serve the cakes with the coriander leaves and the sauce for dipping.

I served mine with some noodles.

Comments

Popular Posts