Mozzarella, tomato and prosciutto ham tart


I made this tart on Friday night for the rest of the family as I was dining out, I was quite disappointed to be missing out on it, as it looked and smelt delicious. I served the tart with some sweet potato wedges. I found the recipe on the Tesco real food website and just added the ham as I thought it was a bit short on tomatoes.

Ingredients
Serves 4 - 6

6 tomatoes
150g mozzarella cheese
6 garlic cloves ( I didn't use that many)
2 tablespoons medium-grain semolina (not quite sure why this was necessary)
200g block store-bought butter puff pastry
2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked
sea salt
1 bunch of tarragon, leaves picked (I used dried)
olive oil

Method

Preheat the oven to 180C. Cut the tomatoes into slices. Do the same with the mozzarella. Peel and slice the garlic cloves. Roll out the pastry and scatter the semolina over.
Arrange the tomato slices on the pastry so that they overlap, then add the garlic, rosemary leaves and mozzarella. Season, scatter over the tarragon and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts