Zesty Turkey One-Pan


This is not a meal for those who were glad to see the back of all the turkey leftovers from Christmas. It would work just as well with chicken though. As I didn't have that problem this year, this recipe looked very appealing, especially as it claims to be 203 calories per serving.  I really enjoyed it, a very zesty sauce but with way too much liquid. I would maybe just use 200ml of chicken stock. I tried to reduce the sauce but as this didn't work I just poured away some of the sauce trying to save the tomato pieces as I did.  The recipe is from 'Good Housekeeping, 30 minute cookbook'.

Ingredients
Serves 4
½ tbsp olive oil
4 turkey breast steaks, total about 500g
350ml chicken stock (I suggest using less)
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
25g capers, rinsed and chopped
4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
Large handful fresh curly parsley, roughly chopped



Method
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat and add the turkey steaks. Fry for 2 min, turning once, to brown the steaks. Add the stock, lemon zest and juice, the capers, tomatoes and some seasoning. Simmer for 8min until the turkey is cooked through.
Add the parsley and check the seasoning. Serve with rice, seasonal vegetables or salad.


Print Recipe

Comments

Popular Posts