Oven Baked Bacon and Leek Risotto


What a really gorgeous risotto this was, and so simple to make. I would definitely recommend this dish if you haven't made a risotto before. The rice was perfectly cooked and the risotto had a lovely creaminess to it. I cut down the amount of leeks as my kids can be picky with leeks and I didn't use sage as that would have involved going out into the snow blizzard and pinching some from my neighbours garden. I found this recipe on another lovely food blog I follow and just had to try it. Unfortunately I don't think the photo above does the meal justice.

Check out the food blog at Miss Friday's Feast.

Ingredients
Serves 4
180g oak smoked bacon lardons
400g leeks, washed, trimmed and sliced (I used 200g)
175ml Arborio (risotto) rice (I used nearer 200g)
60g butter
1 white onion diced (I used two banana shallots)
75ml white wine
510ml vegetable stock
40g sage, chopped plus extra to garnish
60g Romano cheese, plus extra for serving (I used parmesan)
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper


Method
Preheat the oven to 150⁰C. 
Place a small baking dish in the oven to warm through.
In a large saucepan melt the butter; add the lardons, onion and black pepper. Let them cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and golden.
Add the leeks and rice, stir well to ensure the butter coats all of the ingredients; do not allow the rice to stick to the pan. Immediately add the wine, stock and sage leaves, bring to a gentle simmer then transfer the contents of the pan into your baking dish. Place in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes remove the risotto from the oven and stir through the Romano cheese, ensure that you give it a really good stir. Place the risotto back in the oven for a further 15 minutes. Serve immediately in a warm bowl, garnished with a sprinkling of Romano cheese and a few sage leaves.




Note: I used a small casserole dish to cook the risotto on the hob then transferred it straight into the oven. Saved on the washing up. 

Comments

  1. Good tip with using the casserole dish, i'm a messy cook who creates a lot of washing up :)

    Thanks for the link Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an incredibly messy cook, the kitchen is not a pretty sight when I have finished cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally, this is one I'm taking away with me along with a few other one pot/one tray meals from your blog. I hate washing up, especially when on holiday ! If you were going to extend your category list then a one pot/one tray category would be quite useful for us lazy washeruppers ! Alison
    Oh and I'm curious is Laroche also Alan ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, I love one pot meals too. Enjoy your holidays and the meals. Going away too this half term, simple meals on the itinary for the week.
      No, Alan and Larcoche two separate people.

      Delete
  4. Salut! Mon nom est L-a-r-o-c-h-e, pas de Larcoche!! Today I do the mix to make the crêpes: 125 ml de laît, 60 g de farine, 1 petit oeuf et un petit peu de sel. Tomorrow I will cook them and I will tell you if it is good! J'ai du sirop d'érable et un citron et du sucre! Une amie m'a dit: une tasse de laît et une tasse de farine. Which recette is the better, do you thinking? Merci.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts