Nigella's no churn coffee ice cream


I made a trio of desserts last week which I forgot to photograph. My favourite chocolate brownies, meringues and this coffee ice cream. I had some of the ice cream left over for a treat on Mothers Day. It was so easy and incredibly quick to make. I found the espresso instant coffee a little bit synthetic. Next time I might add a real shot of espresso coffee for a truer coffee flavour. 

Ingredients
300ml double cream
175g condensed milk
2 tbsp instant espresso powder
2 tbsp espresso liqueur (or coffee liqueur - I used Tia Maria)

Method
Whisk all the ingredients together until soft peaks form, and you have a gorgeous, caffè-latte-coloured airy mixture, and then fill an airtight container and freeze for six hours or overnight.



Comments

Popular Posts