Day six of frugal challenge



I used one of the remaining eggs to make American breakfast pancakes with lemon and sugar and some maple syrup from my cupboard. Lunch was carrot soup , flavoured with a left over orange (instead of ginger) from the fruit bowl, which gave the soup a more summery flavour. I traded my one bottle of white wine for a pack of casserole steak from the freezer. I figured as it was only me who would get the pleasure out of the wine, it wasn't really fair to drink it. For those who know me going five days without a glass of wine is a challenge itself. I made a beef casserole with some carrots and leeks for the evening meal. We were then invited out to friends for a BBQ and happily accepted. I'll keep the casserole for tomorrow evening. I still have the ingredients for kidney bean burgers and could carry on into Monday to make up for the meal out without a further shop.

Pancakes, Jamie Oliver recipe
Ingredients 
Serves 4
1 cup of self raising flour
1 cup of milk
1 egg
pinch of salt
butter for frying

Method
Mix the flour, milk, egg and a pinch of salt together. Heat the butter in a frying pan and cook the small pancakes in batches of 3 or 4 until browned on both sides. 


Comments

Popular Posts