Some foodie memories of Christmas

Happy New Year! The Christmas tree is down, James has had his 13th Birthday. Two teenagers in the house now, HELP! The children are back to school and normal life resumed, well as normal as it ever is. I have had some wonderful food over Christmas. Not too excessive, but I still feel the need to cut down this month, as most of us do in January. Christmas dinner was a beautiful meal at my mother and father in laws, Pheasant with cream and Calvados, and homemade Christmas pudding. On New Years Eve I thought I would try and cook a whole salmon for the first time. Although it was an impressive looking meal for such an occasion, I found the serving of it rather tricky. I wish I had gone for a simpler option, but it did taste great. The recipe was from Jamie Oliver, whole roasted salmon stuffed with herbs and lemon.
I received the new Hairy Dieters cookbook for Christmas, so I have a feeling the recipes will be tried and tested this month. 






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts