Cheesy Nachos



I spent a lovely day shopping in London on Saturday with my daughter and my sister in law. We were in desperate need of a sit down and a cocktail by the time we had walked the entire length of Oxford street. We ordered a plate of nachos with our cocktail which I tried to recreate at lunch time today. I cut some flour tortillas into triangles and baked them in the oven until they started to crisp. I sprinkled them with cheddar cheese and chopped jalapenos and put them back in the oven until the cheese had melted. I used a ready made salsa, some half fat creme fraiche and a chopped avocado to top the nachos. I think the bar we visited used something else for the nachos as they were much crisper than mine, perhaps corn tortillas. However mine tasted wonderful. 

Comments

Popular Posts