Baked white fish with a tomato and raisin topping


I have reached that point where I realise that I eat far too much and really should cut down a little. At least I'm trying this week, so my recipes are lower fat as I am using the Tesco diet plan as a guide. This recipe can be made with cod or haddock. I couldn't bring myself to pay the extortionate price for tiny cod fillets today, so I bought the haddock instead. This recipe is a blast from the past, it's very simple and would be equally as nice served with some brown rice instead of potatoes.

Ingredients
Serves 4
4 pieces of firm white fish
butter
olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 tsp of sugar
A pinch of oregano
A tin of tomatoes
Salt and pepper
A handful of raisins

Method
Heat the oven to 180ºC. Fry the olive oil in a heavy based pan and fry the onion, garlic and sugar until cooked and slightly caramelised. Add the oregano, seasoning and tomatoes then simmer slowly until the sauce has reduced.
Cook the fish in the oven, dotted with butter and seasoned, loosely wrapped in a foil parcel for around 12 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces. Once the fish is cooked, plate and top with some of the tomato sauce. Add some raisins and serve with potatoes of rice and some steamed vegetables. 



Comments

Popular Posts