Baked yoghurt chicken with rice and a side salad






I haven't posted any recipes this week, as I am still using following the Tesco diet website as a guide to cutting down a little on the calories. I feel if you are following a food blog you don't really want to look at a load of low fat recipes. I miss eating what I fancy, I love good food and I love wine and restricting myself is very tough. However, I have made this low fat recipe twice now and have really enjoyed it. It doesn't feel like you are scrimping on flavour and satisfaction. The cakes and treatie things are on hold at the moment, but give it another couple of weeks and I'm sure I'll be back to my old ways. 

Ingredients
Serves 4
125 ml of greek low fat natural yoghurt
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 pinch of chinese five spice
1 pinch of chilli powder
2 teaspoons of soy sauce
juice of a lemon

Method
Mix together the yoghurt, spices, soy sauce and garlic. Score the chicken and squeeze over the lemon juice. Mix the chicken with the yoghurt mixture and leave in the fridge to marinade for 3 hours.
Heat the oven to 180ºC. Bake the chicken on a baking tray placed on greaseproof paper for about 15 -20 minutes until cooked. Serve with brown rice and a side salad of your choice.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts