Jamie Oliver's vegetarian chilli


Last week I made a spaghetti bolognaise with quorn mince in an attempt to cut down on our meat intake. I wasn't impressed, even with all the flavours of the sauce the meal was just edible. I'm not sure if it was the texture or the lack of flavour of the quorn but somehow it didn't hit the spot with any of us. I guess the answer is if you want to eat vegetarian food just use vegetables and this recipe proved that theory right. Forget any preconceptions of a veggie chilli you may have and give this try. It's spicy from the chilli beautifully aromatic with the flavours of the coriander, cumin, cayenne and cinnamon and feels very healthy. Ok, I did have a dollop of Creme fraiche and some tortillas on the side, but even so, I'm sure it's good for you. Jamie Oliver has gone mega healthy all of a sudden, so I believe him when he says it's packed full of good stuff. 

The following day I added some vegetable bouillon stock and broke up some of the larger vegetables and made a delicious soup with the leftovers. 


The link to the recipe is as follows. Jamie's veggie chilli. 











Comments

  1. Hi Sally
    This is Ursula, Richard's sister!
    I am sorry you and your family couldn't make it last night for his big birthday!
    I heard about your blog and felt I had to check it out!
    I also felt I had to make a comment.... I've never looked at blogs and I know this is an old one, so hope you get this message. 🤞
    The chilli was amazing! I can honestly say I have never tasted veg chilli as good as this one! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it.! Thank you so much....
    The rest of the food was also amazing too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts